“Live out your imagination, not your history.” – Stephen R. Covey
Continuing to grow in your professional life is as simple as reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. But to continue to learn and grow as direct marketers, you may want to consult our 7 Habits. It’s always about your audience. Who they are, what they are doing, being relevant, and making sure that you are continuing to build on the relationship that you first established with your customers.
1. Know Your Audience – You have one but you need to make sure that your audience is continually engaged in everything you do. Your web site, your social sites, and any direct communication that is sent to your customers.
2. Be Relevant – You are speaking to a highly targeted audience – your audience, so continue to speak in the right voice, and offer valid, fresh content.
3. Timeliness is Key – You pay attention to the market and trends. This includes the current news, new market developments, and fads vs. traditions.
4. Delivery – AND HOW! You are reaching your audience in the right place at the right time, specifically through direct mail, digital, social, and mobile.
5. Offer Proof – You provide examples of how a concept or offering will solve a need for your audience and include research that validates the point.
6. Show and Tell – Show me! You let your audience have a sample.
7. Develop Trust – Next Please! You keep your audience coming back to you with content that helps them, whether it’s sharing a great deal or promotion, offering insights, or helping your audience solve greater needs.