The pizza box. Perhaps the most perfect direct marketing vehicle ever invented. When you’re hungry for pizza, you make a phone call. The pizza gets delivered — in a box that points out you didn’t order your pizza correctly. Wait, what? That’s right. The box specifically instructs you not to phone in your pizza order, but rather to use the pizzeria’s new mobile app. The hook? Getting your pizza faster.
Mobile apps are handy bits of technology that allow today’s ever-on-the-go consumers to access your products and services in a format that’s optimized for smartphones and tablets. Designed to accomplish a core set of functions (think: ordering pizza, making reservations, tracking coupons and rewards), mobile apps have a considerable impact on the way consumers engage with your brand:
- 95% of smart phone users look for location information on their phone
- 90% take action as a result
- 67% of smart phone users are more likely to engage/buy from a mobile-friendly site
- 50% will use a brand less often if the website is not mobile-friendly
And perhaps the most essential mobile app component is the Push Notification. Push notifications are admin-controlled tidbits of essential content on discounts, events, offers, and more delivered directly into the hands of your customers!
- Push notifications achieve a staggering 97% average open rate
- 25% of mobile users take action in response to push notifications
Of the 4 billion mobile phones currently active in the world, one million of those are smartphones. And this number is only going to grow. What can a mobile app do for you?